Historic villa with private chapel and a vineyard located in the hills of Florence, less than half an hour from the city.
The 904 sq.m manor house is a large historic building that most likely dates back to the late 9th century (as evidenced by an inscription found in the attic of the building). The villa in its present form was built in 1561 incorporating the old tower and in 1802 the villa was further refined with the construction of a private chapel dedicated to St. Anthony. Between the 19th and the 20th century, the estate was owned by the noble Rigacci family, important officials in the government of Leopold i, who converted the villa first into a holiday resort, then into a permanent residence and built the beautiful garden all around. In the 1980s the villa underwent a careful conservative restoration of the facades, which were entirely covered with the typical lime plaster used in the area. At the same time, the frescoed bands decorating the ceilings inside were also restored and preserved.
The building is in good condition and with most of the original finishes intact. Special features include stone and brick walls, panoramic loggia, internal courtyard, terracotta and graniglia floors, wooden beams, original fireplaces and coffered ceilings. It is currently divided into three units that are used as the master's residence and guest apartments, respectively with a total of 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
Additionally there are cellars, the aristocratic chapel, a 124 sq.m old barn that could easily be adapted and converted into a charming guesthouse, a 19 sq.m pigsty and a 22 sq.m storage and 2 building in total disuse that need complete restoration.
The villa is surrounded by 22.2 hectares of hilly land. All around the building, on a stone terrace, is a beautiful panoramic 3000 sq.m garden with shade, plants and parking area. The agricultural land, on the other hand, is partly devoted to arable land (7.5 ha) planted with wheat and alfalfa, woodlands and the remaining areas are planted with olive trees. There are vineyards of 1.3 hectares to be replanted but with the possibility of registration to Chianti Colli Fiorentini DOCG).