Extraordinary Belle Epoche villa built in 1875 located in Cannes only a few steps from the Croisette, 10 minutes from the centre of Cannes and 15 minutes from the Cap d'Antibes.
The historic property was the side extension dedicated to receptions of the “Villa Madrid” belonging to the Mayor of the City of Cannes, Mr André CAPRON, from 1895 until 1929. This wing of the building, now called Villa Granada, was built in 1882 and features the spectacular grand ballroom with its nearly 6 meter high ceilings decorated by ancient frescoes. The honoured estate was host to numerous historical figures, such as Edward VII then Prince of Wales, Alphonse XIII, King of Spain, the Queen Amelie and King Manoël of Portugal, Kings of Sweden and Norway, Italian Princes and Counts and Russian Grand-Dukes.
The villa is set on a south facing plot of 1600 sq.m and has been recently renovated by current owners instructing renowned Dutch interior decorators to restore the fabulous estate to its former grandeur. It comprises an entrance hall, reception room, dining room, kitchen, mezzanine, library and 4 en suite bedrooms. Outside is the landscaped garden with swimming pool, jacuzzi, summer kitchen and pool house.