Historic estate located on the hills of Florence, in the Chianti Rufina production area and bordering the Casentino National Forest.
The estate is set on 76.1 hectares with various villas tastefully restored in the Tuscan tradition, which could be managed as an accommodation business. Including the buildings to be renovated, there are a total of 38 bedrooms. All villas face sunny valley and have spectacular views.
The main 875 sq.m villa was built in 1604 in the Tuscan style, complete with a private chapel, which has been conservatively restored to retain its salient features. The distinctive aristocratic chapel was consecrated in 1793 by the pope and is still used today. The rooms are spacious and bright featuring beamed high ceilings, frescoes, 3 original fireplaces and original terracotta floors. On the lower level are the building's large historic cellars, which could also be restored if a wine business were to be set up. There is a total of 10 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
Off the courtyard filled with lemon trees is Casa Giardino that could be used either as a guesthouse or as a keeper's quarter. The current layout include a living area with an original fireplace, a large kitchen with exit to the garden, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
Opposite the villa is an agricultural warehouse (195 sqm – 2,098 sqft) that includes various rooms for storing oil, a garage for two cars, a workshop/laboratory and an elevated level with access from the road with warehouses, workshops and office.
Additionally there are 4 other villas offering plenty of further living accommodation.
Outside is mainly woodland. There is a garden with a swimming pool and over 2,000 olive trees that produce an excellent extra virgin olive oil.