Manorial villa located on the hills surrounding Lucca, in a very panoramic position with views over the Serchio Valley.
The 1500 sq.m main villa dates back to the early 1800's but the foundations of the building date back to the 11th century. First renovations were made is 1836 and substantial restorations took place in the 1960's. It is distributed over 4 floors and comprises 29 halls, dining rooms, 9 bedrooms and 4 kitchens including a historical kitchen on the ground floor that is no longer used. The building features 2 entrances and an external staircase allows entering the first and second floor independently, with the possibility of creating up to five independent apartments inside the villa.
The villa is in good shape, both aesthetically and structurally, but needs nonetheless to be renovated and updated. Finishes are those typically found in manorial villas in the area of Lucca, commonly featuring decorated marble floors, plaster decorations and trompe-l'œil decorations, frescoed ceilings with Baroque/Neoclassical motives and ample windows that make the rooms very bright and welcoming.
Other buildings include a farmer's house to be restored, a private chapel, an old lemon house, a barn, a 70 sq.m temple, an old chicken coop and several service buildings. All the rural outbuildings haven't been used for several years and need to be recovered, restored and updated before being usable. These have more rustic features, such as terracotta floors, stone fireplaces and wooden beams, typical of Tuscan countryside buildings.
The building are surrounded by 7000 sq.m of gardens with exotic and fruit plants, all enclosed by a stone wall granting privacy and safety.